Paul “Plan-it” Yarnold

COVID, Fishing, Rocketry and More

Blog Posts Written and Experienced by Dr. Paul R. Yarnold

• FORUM: Sports
    Athletic activity has served me well as a favored pastime throughout my life. For me, athletics is an enjoyable method of reversing physical withering resulting from long periods of primarily motionless sitting when working at a desk. Athletics provides an applied setting in which to employ scientific and engineering knowledge and evaluate specific measurable personal … Continue reading FORUM: Sports
  • FORUM: Falling
    Seven months ago, an endodontic dentist performed a root canal upon me to “cure” a parulis condition. When I arrived for the procedure an office worker called my insurance company and learned that only $200 of the $1,000 total cost of the procedure was covered. I paid the $800 difference and was told that the … Continue reading FORUM: Falling
  • FORUM: Macho Fireworks
    Presently I live in Chicago in a fifth-floor apartment facing Lake Michigan—about half a block away. On the 4th of July—ten days ago, after darkness set in a bit past nine o’clock, a hoard of inebriated amateur pyromaniacs began flaunting their arsenals of consumer-class fireworks. As usual, their displays demonstrated a dearth of individuality: impotent … Continue reading FORUM: Macho Fireworks
  • FORUM: My Big Yellowtail
    I was one of 24 anglers aboard the American Angler on a 10-day long-range fishing trip to Alijos (“Ah-lay-Os”) Rocks, a group of tiny, steep, barren volcanic islands in the Pacific Ocean located 190 miles west of the Mexican mainland, and 550 miles south of San Diego. Charted on Spanish maps since 1598, Alijos Rocks … Continue reading FORUM: My Big Yellowtail
  • FORUM: Fishing Seal Beach Jetty
    In my lifetime thus far, my favorite place to “shore” fish was the Seal Beach Jetty in the early 1970’s. Emptying into the Pacific, the San Gabriel River ran beneath and perpendicular to Marina Drive. The southern side of the jetty was composed of large rocks, which extended westward into foreboding deeper water. I fished … Continue reading FORUM: Fishing Seal Beach Jetty

Follow My Blog

Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.

One thought on “Paul “Plan-it” Yarnold

Leave a Reply to melissachristopher1 Cancel reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s