- FORUM: SportsAthletic activity has served me well as a favored pastime throughout my life. For me, athletics is an enjoyable method of reversing physical withering resulting from long periods of primarily motionless sitting when working at a desk. Athletics provides an applied setting in which to employ scientific and engineering knowledge and evaluate specific measurable personal … Continue reading FORUM: Sports
- FORUM: FallingSeven months ago, an endodontic dentist performed a root canal upon me to “cure” a parulis condition. When I arrived for the procedure an office worker called my insurance company and learned that only $200 of the $1,000 total cost of the procedure was covered. I paid the $800 difference and was told that the … Continue reading FORUM: Falling
- FORUM: Macho FireworksPresently I live in Chicago in a fifth-floor apartment facing Lake Michigan—about half a block away. On the 4th of July—ten days ago, after darkness set in a bit past nine o’clock, a hoard of inebriated amateur pyromaniacs began flaunting their arsenals of consumer-class fireworks. As usual, their displays demonstrated a dearth of individuality: impotent … Continue reading FORUM: Macho Fireworks
- FORUM: My Big YellowtailI was one of 24 anglers aboard the American Angler on a 10-day long-range fishing trip to Alijos (“Ah-lay-Os”) Rocks, a group of tiny, steep, barren volcanic islands in the Pacific Ocean located 190 miles west of the Mexican mainland, and 550 miles south of San Diego. Charted on Spanish maps since 1598, Alijos Rocks … Continue reading FORUM: My Big Yellowtail
- FORUM: Fishing Seal Beach JettyIn my lifetime thus far, my favorite place to “shore” fish was the Seal Beach Jetty in the early 1970’s. Emptying into the Pacific, the San Gabriel River ran beneath and perpendicular to Marina Drive. The southern side of the jetty was composed of large rocks, which extended westward into foreboding deeper water. I fished … Continue reading FORUM: Fishing Seal Beach Jetty
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.